Magento 1 will soon reach its end-of-life. For many webshop owners, this is an opportunity to consider other e-commerce platforms. One of these platforms is Shopware 6. Shopware 6 was launched last January, and is extremely fast, stable and user-friendly. If you are considering a switch to another platform, then Shopware 6 is a good option to consider.
In this blog post, guest author Michel Doens, owner of Shopware Enterprise Partner Sition, explains why Shopware 6 is a good alternative and which migration options you have. The switch from Magento to Shopware is not difficult, but does require proper preparation.
Switching to Shopware 6
Switching to Shopware offers numerous benefits, including:
- Magento 2 updates can be fairly time-consuming, such as if you use different modules or custom themes. The update from version 2.2 to version 2.3 for example was certainly a daunting task.
Various options are available to migrate your products to Shopware 6 with their corresponding categories and attributes. A couple of possibilities would be:
The Shopware Migration Tool and the Plug-in for Shopware 6
- This migration also includes your customers and orders
- Customers and orders are only migrated if a product still exists
- The migration is difficult to control or monitor, and is not always successful
- A great deal of manual work is still needed
- The tool is not yet available for Magento 2
Shopware Import/Export tool:
This tool lets you import CSV/Excel files directly using different profiles. This is possible for customers, orders, products, categories, etc.
- This tool is relatively easy to use
- At this time, the tool is not yet available for Shopware 6. (It is actually expected this month)
Akeneo PIM in combination with Shopware connector
- This option makes product data verifiable and offers optimal verification when using multiple languages
- Missing fields can be identified quickly
- You can use this option for multiple purposes, such as data provision to customers with B2B applications
- Easy to make “mappings” for data providers
- Setup requires an additional investment
Our partners would love to advise you when switching to another e-commerce platform, such as Magento 2 or Shopware. Please contact us and tell us about your situation, so we can take a look at which partner(s) would be of best help for you.